Health First First Flight Paramedic - Holmes Regional Medical Center, Per Diem in Melbourne, Florida
To be fully engaged in providing Quality / No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by: the transportation of prehospital and interfacility patients for definitive care, by maintaining positive relationships with area hospitals, physicians, EMS agencies, and the general public. This includes the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patient according to the standards of professional nursing practice.
Primary Accountabilities * Collaborates with physicians and other departments determining patient needs for nursing care and in treatment planning. * Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process based on assessed need. * Participates in continuing education/in-service opportunities as required by the flight team. * Collaborates with the Chief Flight Nurse to ensure flight team compliance with guidelines of accrediting and regulatory agencies, flight team standards of care and practice, and organization policies and procedures. * Demonstrates age-specific skill competency in clinical practice environment. * Recognizes and respects the contribution of other employees and shares knowledge and skills to assist others. * Available to meet critical operational demands. * Demonstrates dependability and reliability in completing work assignments and exhibits good work habits with respect to attendance. * Responds to the needs of patients, customers and associates in a timely fashion and assists them in a helpful and positive way. Actively listens in order to identify problems.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Must maintain continuing education as it relates to State and hospital requirements.
* Department of Transportation Air Medical Crew Core Curriculum
* Must hold and maintain current Florida Certification as a Paramedic (EMT-P)
* Must hold and maintain current ACLS, PALS, NRP and PHTLS/ITLS
* Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
* Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Program preferred.
* Minimum of 6000 hours experience as a Paramedic over the last 5 years with an Advanced Life Support (ALS) prehospital agency.
* Rotorcraft experience preferred.
Job: *Clinical Professional
Organization: *Holmes Regional Medical Center
Title: First Flight Paramedic - Holmes Regional Medical Center, Per Diem
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Melbourne
Requisition ID: 035290