Belcan Accounting Professional-JP50191 in Orlando, Florida
Job Number: 280290
Description: This position will be an integral part of tax team. Major areas of responsibility include: completing the monthly sales & use tax compliance cycle in a complex multi-jurisdiction environment; participating in sales and use tax audit defense, reverse audits, tax consulting, tax planning, tax accounting and special projects to achieve The position will be responsible to insure Siemens Operating Companies are in compliance with transactional tax and business license (taxes) requirements while achieving assigned objectives and targets.
Department function: This tax accounting position will be reporting to the manger of Tax Management Services, of Global Shared Services, NA, a division of Siemens Corp. The mission of the department is to provide comprehensive support to all represented Siemens Operating Companies for transactional taxes (including sales and use taxes).
Function Type: This position will be an individual contributor who demonstrates leadership skills, a comprehensive knowledge and principles of sales and use taxes, and applies this knowledge through successful completion of assignments.
Scope of the role: This position is a US based role
Level of contacts: This position will interface with both internal and external contacts. External contacts will include taxing authorities, vendors, and partners. Internally this position will interface with Siemens Operating Companies (SOC's) to obtain data to conduct tax compliance, audit and consulting activities to meet Service Level Agreements (SLA) with SOC's. In addition, this position will have contact with both individual contributors and management from SOC’s.
Tax Compliance Activities
• Timely and accurately complete the day to day work activities of compliance team to ensure the monthly compliance cycle is completed in a cost effective, accurate and timely manner.
• Timely submit compliance data to partners to meeting filing requirements
• Timely review and follow up of funding request to insure payments are made to meet filing deadlines.
• Complete compliance activities to ensure FTS Tax complies with SOC service level agreements.
• Participate in weekly partner calls to coordinate FTS and partner compliance activates
• Complete the monthly nexus review and the annual nexus studies in FTS format
• Complete the filing of refund claims identified in the account reconciliation process.
• Follow up on all refund claims filed and receive funds within 365 days
• Provide registration and license recommendations and requirements to team members for processing to keep SOC’s in compliance.
Requirements: Tax Consulting/Strategic Planning
• Provide the business and affiliates with complex written and verbal timely multi-state and local tax advice through tax law research that will increases tax compliance with the laws and regulations of state and local taxing authorities.
• Provide level one tax analysis, planning, control and reporting for the business consistent with the Siemens guidelines and requirements for contract negotiations.
• Document, comply, monitor, evaluate and update internal state and local tax policies and procedures and recommend alternatives to ensure compliance and reduce tax overspending.
• Research, analyze and prepare multi-state business and affiliate state and local tax refund opportunities.
• Recommends and implement process changes that reduce potential exposure
• Prepare and conduct multi-state and local tax training workshops for the business and affiliates.
Tax Auditing/Reverse Audits
• Complete the day to day work activities of the audit and consulting team to ensure the audit cycle is completed in a cost effective, accurate, and timely manner.
• Identify, communicate, and conduct strategic audits/refunds to recover sales/use tax exposure amounts and overpayments
• Compile, organize, document, and communicate business data for state and local taxing authorities to lead and conduct assigned business sales and use tax audits to minimize sales/use tax exposure amounts and overpayments
• File and pursues refunds opportunities identified in external and internal audits and identified overpayments.
• Document, monitor, evaluate, and update internal desktop procedures and process maps for compliance activities
• Recommend, drive, and follow through on compliance process improvements to increase efficiencies and reduce tax exposure
• Execute FTS SOX’s review and reporting requirements
• Prepare and conduct multi-state and local tax training workshops for the business
• Timely and accurately prepare complex account reconciliations for assigned sales and use tax accounts
• Timely complete monthly compliance metrics
• Prepare and recommend audit accrual reserve calculations.
• Timely and accurately completing tax adjustments by obtaining the appropriate documentation and making entries into the ERP system.
• Actively contribute and participate in assigned departmental goals and objectives to meet Siemens balance scorecard for assigned targets for financial, customer, process, and employee targets.
• Participate in sales and business licenses tax compliance segment of migrations for new SOC migrations by following established project plans. Sample task can include: establishing tax filing calendars, verifying data sources, reviewing parallel tax returns, verifying and ICC payment methods and vendors.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Advanced Degree and/or CMI Certification is a plus
• Knowledge of sales & use tax compliance concepts, practices, and procedures
• Ability to operate in multiple ERP systems.
• Knowledge of tax compliance systems (Taxware, Web Toolkit, Vertex)
• Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
• Prior experience with a major company or governmental entity preferred People fluent
Location: Orlando , FL
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart