Abraxas Corporation Desktop Automation Engineer in Orlando, Florida
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Responsible for all Windows development and production systems, with limited support for specific Unix systems. Defines systems objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet user requirements and satisfy interface problems. Analyzes and resolves difficult and complicated program support issues. Assures systems are well behaved and all central system platforms OS’s remain current and secure. Ensures a variety of migrations, upgrades and installations are well rehearsed and documented prior to conducting official installations. Serves as key liaison that works closely with colleagues and customers to ensure systems are kept current and functional. This position works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the set-up and administration of our Microsoft Windows Server environment; including management of back-ups and the deployment of software upgrades and patches
• Responsible for Windows Server/NT System(s) administration (including, but not limited to): File & Print, Active Directory, and Proxy, VMWare Server, Citrix Xen Services and Exchange
• Plans and executes complex software installations and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
• Continually monitors and tunes systems to achieve optimum performance levels
• Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
• Plans and implements the modernization of servers
• Provides technical support for business applications programming and operations personnel, facilities personnel (cable installation), and software/hardware vendors
• Responsible for the purchasing of new hardware and software and providing documentation of corporate systems
• Works with subsidiaries and third party vendors on various projects
• Designs, implements, maintains and supports remote application presentation and access technologies (EG: CITRIX)
• Maintains and supports Virtual Server technologies
• Monitors and manages system health checks OS’s and system S/W
• Maintains secure backend systems and LANs
• Provides guidance and recommendations on all backend OS’s
• Participates in proposals and system architectures
• Installs and configures system backup/restore/failover software and hardware
• Supports in the configuration of Routers, Firewalls and Load Balancers
• Assists in installation and configuration of databases
• Responsible for installing, configuring, and updating monitoring software
• Applies system OS and db patch sets
• Installs SQL and Oracle database software
• Develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures
• Assists Network Administrators as needed with LAN, WAN, Internet, specifically on integration with the servers and services implemented by the Systems Team
• Manages and controls software licenses
• Maintain a 24x7 production environment and participate in rotating ‘on-call’ schedules with other members of the team
• Mentors staff and is a key liaison to peers and others system administrators
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree, in computer science or related technical field, plus a minimum of six years systems administration experience. Knowledge and experience administrating various Windows and UNIX Operating Systems. Extensive knowledge and experience in LAN network engineering – TCP/IP, internet. Must have extensive knowledge and experience with a variety of enterprise-class hardware platforms as well as experience implementing UNIX and LAN security measures (including firewalls). In depth understanding of System Administration methodology and principles. Must be a self-motivator, good working knowledge of common programming and scripting languages.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Strong background in SCCM and software deployment tools.
Strong background in 1E AppClarity, Nomad & Shopping
Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major businesses, Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD), and Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS). CTS is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide. CGD is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. CMS provides networked Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security, and commercial missions. All three of our businesses provide innovative technology and an integrated approach to systems and services for government and commercial customers around the globe. This integration ensures our customers receive streamlined operations and strategy, cost-efficiency and speed to market.
Cubic was founded in San Diego, California in 1951 and has since built a global reputation for enhancing customer value. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $1.462 billion, Cubic is proud to have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employs 8,500+ people worldwide. To learn more about Cubic please watch the video at this link:
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf , We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law
For more information on Equal Employment please visit: