Oceaneering Electrical Technician in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES).
The Electrical Engineer applies a working knowledge of engineering fundamentals to the division’s engineering and design activities under the direction of a Senior Engineer, Project Engineer, Staff Engineer, or Project Manager. The Titled Engineer will also be required to interact with other ADTECH personnel including those in QA, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Shipping and Receiving, as necessary to provide engineering support to ADTECH manufacturing, integration, and test activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, engineering, and testing of control equipment for themed entertainment systems including rides, show action equipment, land-based controls.
- Design, engineering, analysis of low voltage electronics and networking equipment (WIFI, RCOAX).
- Knowledge of Rockwell controls components is preferred.
Performs moderately difficult engineering tasks and conventional design that may be varied in nature.
Good technical judgment and some independent evaluation, originality, and ingenuity are expected.
- Develops schedules and estimates for assigned tasks and prepares reports on the results of the work accomplished.
- This position is typically assigned to large project teams for a 1-3 year duration, with project phases spanning design, production, testing, and installation at the end user. The ability to collaborate with others and drive solutions in a fast-paced team environment are a must.
- Provide support to bid and proposal efforts including technical writing
- This position has supervisory responsibilties.
- Reports to a Project Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Entry Level position. Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required.
- Technical writing skills are helpful.
- Proficiency using CAD software such as AutoCad and SolidWorks and MathCad preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Electrical Technician
Location: Orlando, Florida
Job ID: 12689
Full/Part Time: Full-Time