Abraxas Corporation Instructional Systems Designer (Game-Based Learning) - Littoral Combat Ship in Orlando, Florida
Cubic Global Defense
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Work as an Instructional Systems Designer within a multifunctional team to design and develop game-based learning courseware for training program. Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts, other instructional systems designers, multimedia developers, 3D artists, systems/software engineers and stakeholders to develop and deliver courseware. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs, develops and reviews adult learning curriculum for delivery through a 3D interactive virtual ship environment that incorporates 2D and 3D shipboard missions equipment, interactive avatars, and job performance tools
• Designs learning content throughout its lifecycle to include: analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation
• Applies effective training methodologies to improve knowledge, skills and abilities based on the needs assessment of the audience and job task analysis
• Develops and reviews learning objectives
• Coordinates with subject matter experts to develop content and researches specific learning objectives
• Works with SMEs to develop scenarios to provide realistic context for learning objectives
• Designs, implements and interprets evaluation and assessment instruments
• Designs interactive learning activities supporting the individual's performance requirements and develops digital storyboards in support of those activities
• Collaborates with SMEs and modelers to identify types and fidelity of 2D and 3D models
• Prepares training materials necessary to implement training using the gaming environment
• Participates in reviews, and coordinates curriculum development in a co-located, multi-company, multifunctional team environment
• Supports and responds to Quality Assurance during product testing
• Responds to and resolves customer issues in learning content
• Coordinate with a variety of engineers, artists, and project professionals to employ a wide range of skills and software tools in support of the visual and technical designs for various IMI Level training
• Work within budgetary and schedule constraints to achieve assigned objectives
Minimum Job Requirements:
Master's Degree in instructional design, adult education, or similar program. Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience designing and developing curriculum for adult learners. Proven ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment. Experience designing game-based learning. Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and presentation skills. Capable of working in multidiscipline team environment. Capable of working with stakeholders at all levels. Proven proficiency in PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite. Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business needs.
Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major businesses, Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD), and Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS). CTS is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide. CGD is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. CMS provides networked Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security, and commercial missions. All three of our businesses provide innovative technology and an integrated approach to systems and services for government and commercial customers around the globe. This integration ensures our customers receive streamlined operations and strategy, cost-efficiency and speed to market.
Cubic was founded in San Diego, California in 1951 and has since built a global reputation for enhancing customer value. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $1.462 billion, Cubic is proud to have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employs 8,500+ people worldwide. To learn more about Cubic please watch the video at this link:
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf , We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law
For more information on Equal Employment please visit: