Marriott Senior Purchasing Manager in Orlando, Florida
Job Number 180012MU
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Walt Disney World Dolphin, Lake Buena Vista, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Responsible for following established procedures in ordering, receiving, storing, distributing and payment of items. Formulates an approved vendors list encompassing all categories. Assists Executive Chef in maintaining/lower budgeted food/controllable costs.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 2 years’ experience in Purchasing or a related field.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, Policies, and Standards for Purchasing Across Departments
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Assures sanitation compliance.
• Assists Executive Chef in all aspects of purchasing (e.g., Food, Beverage and Controllable) to ensure quality and profitability.
• Orders all food and beverage based on business needs.
• Assists Executive Chef in maintaining/lower budgeted food/controllable costs.
• Delegates and enforces first in/first out inventory rotation for all storeroom products.
• Maintains sanitation and safety standards as specified in the brand guidelines.
• Ensures that proper safeguards are in effect for the security of the food and beverage storeroom assets.
• Enforces item use-up with storeroom personnel and kitchen management to keep inventory at lowest level possible levels.
• Communicates with kitchen, restaurant management and vendors to ensure timing of deliveries satisfies advanced food production needs.
• Checks invoice on goods received against shipment to ensure quantity, quality, weights and purchase specifications are as ordered.
• Uses existing computer programs to perform daily and period end food and beverage costs.
• Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions, etc.
• Completes administrative tasks on a timely basis (e.g., C-7s, menu costing, general office duties).
• Completes period end inventory according to Food and Beverage and Accounting standard operation procedures.
• Calculates figures for food and beverage inventory.
• Ensures that price and product availability issues are communicated as needed to the F & B Director and Executive Chef.
• Ensures all LSOP's are adhered to by all employees.
• Receives and inspects all deliveries.
• Maintains an accurate controllable log and beverage perpetual.
• Ensures accurate administration of all invoices, and adherence to proper bookkeeping procedures.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Purchasing Operations
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
Supporting Purchasing Operations
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Ensures disciplinary situations are addressed in timely fashion and with consistency.
• Ensures performance reviews are completed on a timely basis for supervisors and non-management employees.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Interacts with kitchen staff, vendors and Executive Chef.
• Uses existing computer programs effectively to post invoices, update items and costs.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.