Marriott Vacations Worldwide Staff Accountant in Orlando, Florida
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
As a member of the professional staff, contributes general knowledge and skill in a discipline area (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) to support team and/or department objectives. Generally works under close supervision or within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks.
As a member of the Accounting Services department, the Staff Accountant contributes specialized knowledge in the shared services accounting process including inter-company and inter-unit transactions. The Staff Accountant supports the period close process as well as prepares and interprets results for business operations during the period, quarter, and year-end close process as well as coordination and consolidation of financial data needed for use in these processes.
- Performs the following types of basic tasks: journal entries, reconciliations, analysis, research, and report generation.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on standard/routine business requests with limited risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
utilizing technical knowledge and skills to enhance business processes.
establishing priorities for self and, where appropriate, others.
allocating own time effectively to meet goals in a manner that does not disadvantage other associates or groups.
contributing to department/unit budget as appropriate (i.e., input, following guidelines, etc).
Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Reviews financial data to ensure it is in compliance with MVCI's policies and procedures.
- Completes period end closing process, including journal entries, financial statement activity and reporting for all appropriate departments.
- Performs reconciliations, journal entries, and related research.
- Ensures necessary adjusting journal entries are completed in timely manner.
- Responsible for MIP-66 account reconciliations
- Responsibilities also include providing ad hoc reports for management.
- Assists with preparation of audit work papers
- Performs special projects as required.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows: Usually a professional position with general knowledge in a discipline (i.e., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or related experience typically required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in accounting role.
- BS/BA in accounting preferred or equivalent on-the-job-experience.
- Proficiency in PC-based applications, including Excel, MS access and Word.
- PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Proven analytical skills including the ability to reconcile accounts and explain variances.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented highly-developed organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled