Astronics Test Engineer in Orlando, Florida
About the Organization
Astronics CSC is seeking a public relations coordinator to join the marketing team. The PR professional selected for this job will be responsible for idea generation as well as writing and editing press releases, trend reports, and web content that highlight Astronics CSC's position as an industry innovator and leader. This person will create content for and monitor reach and effectiveness of all CSC's social media channels. You will use your communications and creativity to transform complex business strategy into engaging and compelling presentations. We'll use your strong interpersonal skills to strengthen connections with our partners and influence placement of editorial content. Critical requirements to success include an independent self-starter, willing to dive deep to learn our industry. A successful candidate must have exceptional writing and editing skills. Conscientious attention to detail a must.
The Test Engineer will develop validation, verification, acceptance test procedures and test tools for a wide variety of products with primary responsibility to support engineering activities and be the focal point for test software and hardware in support of new product development efforts.
* Principal Duties and Responsibilities*
- Develops test procedures, methods and tools for verification and certification of the company's products.
- Generates test reports and ensures accurate records for measurement data pertaining to product parameters.
- Prepares product compliance documentation in accordance with US and international regulations.
- Works directly with the design engineering teams to assist in the development of test software and hardware for their required test solutions.
- Conducts design verification of new products with design staff.
- Utilizes experience gained during the design engineering development phase to determine the optimal test program flow and technical approach for production testing.
- Defines, generates and reviews project requirements and evaluates Statements of Work, in order to develop test requirements for LRIP and eventually full production while meeting project requirements.
- Validates test activities and results of manufacturing equipment.
- Assists and trains the manufacturing test technicians, when required, in troubleshooting/reworking manufactured products.
- Analyzes factory and field failures, resolving technical related issues with excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively and efficiently with cross-functional teams on design direction and requirements in order to achieve project goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid knowledge in electronics; analog, RF and digital.
- Experience in developing test instructions and procedures.
- Experienced in taking a product design from concept to production.
- Analytical reasoning and problem solving with knowledge in performing root cause analysis and recommending corrective action to resolve test failures.
- Knowledge of Quality Control principles and methodology.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with ISO procedures and ASME drawing standards.
- 5+ years experience in testing electronic circuit boards, modules and test equipment.
- Must be a US person.
- Bachelor's in Electrical/Electronics Engineering (BSEE) or related field from four-year college is required.
- Experience with LabView, Test Stand, Visual Studio.
- Experienced in C++, C and C#.
- Familiarity with MET/CAL and SureCAL is a plus.
- Word processing, Spreadsheets, Database software.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Title: Test Engineer
Position: Test Engineer
Location: Astronics Test Systems (Orlando)
Req Number: ENG-18-00035